Course title: Introduction to electrical power substation
Need & function of substation, introduction to substation equipment, erection & commissioning of substation
- Foundational levels
- Works well as a refresher course for practitioners
- Available for subscription and package buying
- Engineering, technical trainees – GETs, GTs
- 0-3 years experienced engineers and technicians
- Management trainees
- Other trainees and even non-technical professionals working in the fields related to power transmission and distribution
- To get a perfect essence of electrical power substation – its need, functions, introduction to equipment and how it is constructed.
- Gives learner required awareness and knowledge in practical context as it is explained with a detailed example.
- Encourages learner to take up further learning in this subject.
- To works as perfect base for advanced training.
- Helps L&D as a pre-qualification or qualification criteria for designing further learning plan for the learner.
After completing the course, learner will be able to –
- Describe what is a substation
- Explain need and working of a substation
- State different types of substations
- Identify different equipment of a substation & describe their functions
- Briefly describe different activities in constructing and erecting a substation
- Get a quick idea on the emerging technologies in substation
eLearning course features
- SCORM 1.2 compliant version; accessible via web browser
- Contents are illustrated by means of diagrams, charts, animations, pictures, drawings and other graphic media
- Intuitive navigation, user friendly menu, help menu
- Interactive text and voice to engage the learner
- Interactive knowledge checks & assessment questions
- This eLearning course is created by subject matter experts (SMEs) having global field experience in the subject.
- These SMEs are also experienced in delivering classroom (ILT) trainings on the subject and also other subjects at engineering institutes and premium global companies.
- SMEs who have created this course are available for training, mentoring and consultancy at site / via web.